Melbourne’s only indigenous radio station.
3KND radio station provides the community with 24 hours of Broadcast service to our listeners in a friendly, informal, educational and positive in Indigenous spirit, whilst maintaining the highest standards of technical and programming excellence.
We are committed to providing specialist training in radio & media broadcasting to Indigenous community members. The media services available at 3KND Radio are broad including; both AM and digital services, online streaming, multimedia media training, studio recording hire, music production and of course advertising.
Our radio station is extremely proud of the achievements to date; in fostering developing the many talented Indigenous community volunteer broadcasters. The 3KND Broadcasters continue to produce interesting, relevant and deadly radio programs for our listening audience.
Tune into 3KND 1503am and digital frequency! 3KND recognises representing and relaying First Nations voices! A strong, Indigenous, and confident community is what we advocate and create!
3KND Radio Station objectives include:
• To provide a voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, arts, culture and politics.
• To encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community involvement in program production and to provide training to facilitate.
• To provide Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members to access open and affordable facilities for the production of music and video.
• 3KND Radio provides listeners with up to date info on news, sport, weather and current affairs.
• To Entertain Indigenous music and chat, interactive talk shows, live performances and interviews.
• To give Indigenous community members and musicians access to state of the art studio production facilities.
Tune into our deadly 3KND Radio Programs Broadcast live 24 hours a day – 7 days a week.
Melbourne listeners can tune into 1503AM and interstate and international listeners can tune in from anywhere around the world on the Internet.
Radio Networks Partners - Radio Larrikia (Darwin), Top End Aboriginal Bush Broadcasting Assn (TEABBA) Darwin, Queensland Remote Aboriginal media (QRAM-Blackstar), Pintupi-Anmatjere-Walpiri Media (P.A.W) Central Australia, Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Media (PY Media) Umuwa S.A/NT, Ngaanyatjarra Media (NGMedia) Wingellina W.A.