top of page

Jade Johnson Informs Everyone On Knowmore And Its Services

Jade Johnson is a proud Yorta Yorta, Gundtijmara, Wiradjeri man from Echuca Victoria. Jade was raised on his mother's country, which is a border town between VIC & NSW on the Murray River and its two hours north of Melbourne. Jade has been living in Melbourne on Wurundjeri Country for the past 20 plus years and is currently employed as a one of knowmore's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Senior Engagement Advisors.

Knowmore is a free and confidential legal service. We give legal advice and support to people who have survived institutional child sexual abuse. We acknowledge that many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have also experienced intergenerational trauma from government child removal policies. At knowmore, we will work with you in a culturally safe and trauma-informed way. We acknowledge that not all Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people may want to speak with an Aboriginal Engagement Advisor. If so, we may arrange for you to speak with a non-Aboriginal member of our Support Services team. You have the right to decide on your journey with knowmore.

Aunty Glendra Stubbs is a Wiradjuri woman and an Aboriginal Engagement Advisor at knowmore. She has been supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients since knowmore began in 2013. How can knowmore help?

knowmore has lawyers, counsellors, financial counsellors and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers. We can help you with advice about: • The National Redress Scheme (NRS) • Victims of crime applications • Other legal issues such as finding your records and referrals for civil law claims • Referrals to other support services If you would like to make an NRS application we can help you do this, or we may refer you to a Redress Support Service. We are separate to government and will keep your information private. knowmore is a safe place for you to tell us what happened. To speak to someone at knowmore about what happened to you, please call us on 1800 605 762.


bottom of page